Pandora Shine review : Heart and Bee charm & Pandora honeybee ring

by - March 24, 2018

On Wednesday the 14th of March, the Pandora shine launch event took place. The event enabled the Pandora club members to buy the Shine collection one day before it actually came out on the 15th of March. 

I was able to attend the event which was nice. I didn't take any pictures as I was more enjoying the party than thinking about the pictures.

During the event I was able to purchase two Pandora items from the shine collection. I didn't write a review immediately the day after because I wanted to wear the items for a week in order to be able to give an objective review about it.

My purchases gave me the right to two pandora shine clutches. One of them I kept and the other one I gave away to a sweet lady who really wanted it. I was very happy to make someone happy :)

As I didn't really like the clutch, two would have been too much. For now, I will probably use it as a travelling clutch to store all my important papers when travelling. I got two, for two purchases, but now you have to make a purchase of 99 euros or over in order to be able to claim your clutch.

Lets get started now for the real review of the two pieces I got.

Heart & Bee - 49 euros

As always, I like to combine my charms with my green muranos. Part of this is because I am a new collector, therefore I haven't been able to expand my collection to the fullest for the moment. 

The heart & bee charm goes well as a centrepiece. Both green and gold really goes well together and I think it definitely is the best colour it can be combined with. Because the heart and bee charm has a dangle, I wouldn't see it being put elsewhere than in the middle, as a centrepiece.

Remember, the Pandora shine collection is silver dipped in a coat of 18K gold, therefore it is gold-plated. The 18K gold plating is a thick layer of gold added on top of the silver base which the charm is made of. It is real gold that is thus used.

In order to keep the prices affordable and to everyone's reach, the charm isn't entirely made of gold. Some gold Pandora collectors were a bit disappointed, and I get it. If I were collecting real gold charms or bicolour charms, I would have liked something similar for this 2018 spring collection. Crossed fingers and I hope they will come out with gold for all the gold lovers here.

The Pandora Shine collection can't have any contact with water. It is a bit like the Pandora rose collection, you need to avoid any contact with water or the colour may fade away. it is best to keep them out of the reach of water and put them in your beloved Pandora box when going to sleep.


As you can see the heart & bee charm has a very smooth surface which allows it to reflect light very well. The surface may be easily scratchable, but I was pleasantly surprised that it, in fact, did not scratch as fast as other smooth surfaces charms. The pendant is lovely, but doesn't feature any black enamel as all the other charms with bees have. I wonder if Pandora wanted to keep a clean, gold and smooth look for this charm or if they just forgot to add some black enamel. Size-wise, it could not have been too small for some black enamel because the ring features a smaller bee as well with black enamel. In any case, I still think it looks very lovely this way.

For my first composition, I just decided to take my old centrepiece and replace it with the new bee & heart charm. I wanted to have an overall look of what it looked like on my bracelet. My bracelet is an iconic silver charm bracelet, the first one I ever got.


For my second composition, I decided to try it on the new bracelet I got which is the sterling silver sliding bracelet. I will write a detailed review about it as well as the vintage heart clip. But for now, let's entirely focus on the heart & bee charm. I put it next to the olive crystals I got a few weeks ago. Again, the heart and bee charm is a very shiny bee and complements the olive crystals very well. The olive crystals are already very shiny on their own, and that's what I precisely like about them, their reflection of the light.

I didn't really change the order of the charms for this.




 For my third composition, I decided to take my iconic silver charm bracelet back. Of course, I always have a safety chain on when I can. That one is the embossed hearts safety chain, it isn't part of the new collection.

I decided to play around with some of the clips I have. On the left side, I've got the starry formation clip -which I absolutely love- and on the right side I've got the new enchanted heart charm clip.
I am very much always on the symmetrical aspect when it comes to building my bracelet, but this time, I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone and try something new for me. Having an all silver bracelet with no colour on it like my green muranos, really make the Pandora shine heart & bee charm stand out.

If you want to have all the attention focused on your pandora shine piece, I will definitely recommend you put it on an all silver bracelet and make the shine piece a centrepiece.  That way, the focus will only be on your shine piece.



 For my fourth composition I decided to go again with my olive crystals and my starry formation clips. The olive crystals are long retired, but the starry formation clips can easily be found in store. On that composition, I really wanted to put the focus on the shininess of the bracelet. I wanted nothing else, than pieces who could reflect light really well and make this bracelet as shiny as possible. 

Again, I didn't go crazy with all the green, I kept it simple but it worked.


My fifth composition is a bit more bulky. I mixed the green muranos with the olive crystals and put no charm in between the muranos. Again, this is because I wanted the shine piece to be recognised easily. 


My last composition was made on the sliding moments bracelet. This is the composition I probably liked the most and kept for a week. I was very happy and pleased to see the Shine charm mixed with the silver, the green and the olive crystals. The only negative aspect, would have been to take off my bracelet whenever I showered. I don't like taking of my bracelet when showering, I almost feel naked. But oh well, it's part of the Shine Game.


Last but not least, know that he heart and bee charm can be worn on a silver necklace. You can either, buy one at Pandora, or reuse one you have at home.

Wearing it as a necklace definitely puts the focus only on the shine charm. It works well and does the job. i would definitely recommend using it as a necklace charm if you like changing necklaces. 



Now, the very sad thing about the shine charm is, that it starts having a silver aura around the hole. I don't know what to do, and I don't know if I want to return it. Part of me is very upset and part of me just wants to keep it and put it alone on a silver bracelet.

I put a picture so you could try and see what I am talking about, but sadly the picture doesn't show anything at all. I know, it's probably due to the friction of all the charms together, but that's how you wear charms... I will probably put it on a smooth silver clasp and put two stoppers next to it to avoid further friction between charms.

The heart and bee charm is retailed at 45 euros.


Pandora honeybee - 69 euros 

Now for the very happy part without any sadness, let's talk about the limited edition pandora honeybee ring.

I had to get my hands on it the minute I saw it. Delicate, perfect and adorable is what I would call this ring. The odd shape, the cut-out hearts and the bee is what makes it a perfect ring. The ring can be worn with the choker and the bracelet, but I find them to expensive for what it is.


The ring has a delicate honeycomb shape who will make all bee lovers fall for it. The irregular shape makes the ring perfectly imperfect. 


Take a closer look and look at the heart cuts out. Aren't they just amazing? It adds a touch of love to the ring, which makes it even more loveable. 


The ring features black enamel on the bee, unless the heart and bee charm. Nonetheless the two look perfect together, almost like a perfect match.


One cut out on two is a heart, the other cut out is a honeycomb shape.


As far as I have been wearing the ring, it hasn't shown any signs of discolouration or any faultiness. I am very happy with the ring and love it very much. Next to gold, it pops out more and comes of more as a yellow tone.

I hope you liked this detailed review, keep on reading the blog for more reviews to come about the sliding moment bracelet and the enchanted charm clip.

I wish you all, a nice Sunday.



You May Also Like

1 commentaires

  1. Lovely review, stunning photos. I don't have this charm, but am thinking of adding it to my shine collection!

    ReplyDelete