Moments silver sliding bracelet review: Why I don't recommend it...

by - June 01, 2018

The silver sliding bracelet - 597125CZ - available at its original price of 59€ was an item that everyone was excited for. Pandora hadn't come with an innovative concept for a very long time when it comes to bracelets.

First of all, I couldn't find the sliding bracelet in Belgium at all. Despite calling a lot of shops, none would have it in stock as the stock had not been delivered at all. Part of the collection was missing. 

Because I was travelling to Germany at that time period, I decided to buy it immediately from Germany instead, would they have it.. Surprise, they had it in store. I was delighted. 

The bracelet is a plain silver bracelet. Half of the bracelet is a snake chain where you can put your charms, and the other half is the sliding part of the bracelet. You can adapt the size of the bracelet thanks to the sliding part. For that you will need to take the signature Pandora ball between your thumb and index finger and slide it up and down to adjust it.

Source: www.pandora.net
Pandora signature ball to help you slide up and down
The lovely sliding bracelet features two lovely zirconium at each end of the "pending" part of the bracelet. This is a feminine touch I really liked on the bracelet, giving it that extra touch of shiny with zirconium. Happiness is found in little details, isn't it?


The bracelet is constituted of two distinct part. The main part is the snake part where you can put all your charms. Sadly, one of the negative points for me was the fact that there was no dedicated space for the clips. The second part is made out of the sliding part where you can adjust accordingly to your wrist size.

The system of the sliding bracelet is very simple, the Pandora signature ball features a piece of silicone inside it, which helps you slide up and down and helps it stay in place thanks to the silicone.

For that part, I can't say it's not secure at all. The silicone inside was very secure for me and it never completely slid open. It better has to be secure, because no security chain can be added to the bracelet.

As for the opening and closing of the bracelet, it is a bit tricky to get it open and closed in the beginning. The opening features a small notch where you can put your fingernail, press it and open the bracelet like that. Inside the mechanism is a very small and delicate spring. I suppose this is the entire mechanism of the opening/closing system.


The notch to open up the bracelet
When it comes to styling the bracelet, it's very easy to style. Why I absolutely liked it? You can work in a very symmetric way from each end and that is absolutely great. 
Put your centre piece first and accordingly from the left and then the right add your symmetric charms.

For the total of charms that can go on the bracelet, it is pretty obvious that only a fraction of charms can go on it. 15 charms were put on my bracelet, and it felt heavy. Here is where it completely went wrong. Upon adding more and more charms and having a full bracelet, I noticed that sometimes my bracelet would loosen itself at the sliding part. It wasn't that obvious, but enough for me to notice and care about.

Remember, the sliding bracelet cannot carry a security chain, so a bracelet opening up, means your charms are gone. 



Also, don't forget to follow me on Instagram if you haven't done it yet. I will be happy to share with you my love and passion for Pandora. We are almost 400 followers as well :)


The worst part is yet to come for the sliding bracelet. The design is great and is something innovative, really my love for it started since I saw the pictures online. But then, after wearing it for a few weeks, I would say 2 weeks straight maybe, the struggle started.

It started splitting right in the middle by itself. I don't understand why, but after having posted a story about it on my instagram, the answer rate was strong. A lot of girls had had the same issue with it, splitting right in the middle and finally breaking down...


At that point I was scared, and then I started noticing worse. It starting breaking down right at the very beginning. A lot of girls had sent me similar pictures of that part breaking down like mine.

This is where my love story for the sliding bracelet ended. And this is how I returned it to take a classic bracelet instead...



Would I recommend it ? Not at all, for several reasons mentioned below.

Positive points 

+ Very innovative bracelet, something new
+ Price is the same as the classical bracelets
+ Good for smaller compositions
+ Small details such as the zirconium or Pandora on the sliding ball
+ Adapts to pretty much EVERY SIZE !!

Negative points

- The silicone part inside the ball doesn't allow you to shower with the bracelet
- You cannot put a security chain on the bracelet
- If it breaks down, you lose your charms
- Only comes in one size which is size 2
- If you have no nails, the notch can be hard to open
- The sliding part is not secure enough
- Doesn't support weight

In no case is this a biased review. I wanted to show you after a wear of 2 weeks how the bracelet was and how it felt wearing it. Sadly, for me the experience was an aborted mission. I wish it had been a defect product, but after having received several pictures of the same issue as me... I strongly believed that the whole range was defect.


You May Also Like

0 commentaires